Lindsay has been admitted as a Barrister and then Solicitor of the Supreme Court of NSW. He is a member of the Australian Institute of Management, Australian Institute of Company Directors and the Institute of Public Administration Australia.
He has more than forty years’ experience in public and private sector policy development and government relations, business planning and management, legal systems, industrial relations, training, safety management, construction and communications.
Lindsay has been in his current roles as General Manager (Construction and Infrastructure) at Australian Industry Group and Executive Director and Company Secretary of the Australian Constructors Association since 2012. In these roles, his primary responsibilities include business and financial management, corporate strategy, strategic planning, policy development and advocacy.
Lindsay serves on a large number of government and industry taskforces and committees and his expertise includes dispute resolution.
Prior to his appointment to his current roles, Lindsay was chief executive of the NSW and ACT Chapters of the National Electrical and Communications Association. Over a long career he has also held a number of senior positions in the NSW government including:
- General Manager of the State’s building regulator
- Senior Member of the Consumer, Trader and Tenancy Tribunal where he determined building disputes
- Inspector-General of Corrective Services
- Chief Executive of the Casino Control Authority
- Head of policy and legal branches in a number of government agencies including the NSW Premier’s Department and The Cabinet Office.
He is a member of several industry associations including:
- Asbestos Safety and Eradication Agency – Building, Construction and Demolition Industry Sector Committee
- Australian Centre for International Commercial Arbitration Appointment Advisory Board
- Federal Safety Commissioner Industry Advisory Committee
- Australian Building Codes Board Building Codes Committee
Lindsay holds a Bachelor of Laws Degree and a Master’s Degree in Business Administration.