The Construction and Property
Services Industry Skills Council (CPSISC) was established in 2004 to represent
the training and workforce development needs of the industry. Today it
represents and acts on behalf of 1.8 million workers from over 365,000 businesses
via 42 peak industry member associations and 8,500 stakeholders.
Operating as an altruistic not
for profit company limited by guarantee we provide advocacy, philanthropic and
educational resources and services with a whole of industry approach for the
advancement and betterment of the sector.
To facilitate access to world class skills and workforce development for the construction and property services industries.
The company was formed with the objective to:
- Advance education and training and to identify generic and emerging skills to support the employability of individuals and provide for local community development and to give strategic advice to government, on these issues
- Support the development, implementation and continuous improvement of high quality, nationally recognised training products and services, including enhancing innovation, rationalising materials where there are cross-industry synergies, and improving efficiency
- Assist industries, enterprises and their workforce to integrate skill development with business goals
- Support accurate industry intelligence on future directions, including provision of strategic advice on industry skills and training needs to the National Industry Skills Forum
- Research, collect, plan, coordinate and provide input to national research and develop strategies relating to education and training within the industries
- Act as the principal voice of the industries on issues related to vocational education and training for employment
- Market the advantages of recognised training to all users and stakeholders relevant to the company
- Give strategic advice regarding education and training to employers, existing workers and new entrants.